Thursday, July 14, 2011

Rocking Out in London!

Serge and I spent a few nights in London shortly after I got back from the US.  We went to two concerts, The Avett Brothers at Shepherd's Bush Empire and Kings of Leon at Hyde Park, and also spent some time sightseeing.  It was Serge's first time being in an English-speaking country in over 8 months, so that was nice!  And it made for a much easier transition back for me! :-) We really loved London!  The concerts were awesome, the people were super nice and friendly, and even though the weather isn't great and everything is crazy expensive (our movie tickets were $50!), we would love to go back again some time soon!

We <3 Nando's! 
Sangria, Peri-Peri Chicken, mashed sweet potatoes = YUM!

It was pouring down rain when we first arrived in London, so we bought an umbrella, but it was also really windy, so the darn thing kept flipping upside down.  I spent our first hour in the hotel blow-drying my hair, jeans, shoes, everything! :-)

We're on our way to see the Avett Brothers play!

A water closet for dogs, ah how proper!

Walking through Holland Park, trying to avoid the mud!

Pretty streets!

Holland Park Mews

Shepherd's Bush Empire

The Avett Brothers!!

Outside our hotel, which we really liked!

Just making a quick phone call 

Albert Memorial in Kensington Gardens

Hey, I know a girl named Ellis A.W! :-)

Hyde Park
Got my wellies on, bring on the mud!

Zac Brown Band!

Candy break :-)

Kings of Leon!

What a great concert!

Buckingham Palace

Kate & William... I mean Serge outside the gates :-)

Westminster Abbey

The Sanctuary

North Entrance

Big Ben

and again

Victoria Tower at the Palace of Westminster

London Eye and the River Thames

Serge thinks it's hilarious how far away from the horse I am, but the sign says the horses may kick or bite, and I'm not a fan of being kicked nor bitten by a horse! :-)

A woman was celebrating her birthday at The Devonshire Arms and brought a homemade cake.  She went around asking everyone at the pub if they wanted a piece.  It was so sweet; I couldn't say no! :-)

1 comment:

  1. How fun!! Glad you are keeping up with the blog! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete