Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Halloween Hike

One of our favorite things about living in Germany is the gorgeous landscape.  Everywhere you look there are rolling hills, the trees are changing colors, and the air always seems so fresh.  In this regard (and in several others) Wetzlar is quite the opposite of Fort Lauderdale, where we lived the last 2 years.  Fort Lauderdale has a great landscape also, with all the canals, palm trees, and beaches, but the palm trees are always green, the land is flat and mostly covered in concrete and high rises, and there's almost always 100% humidity clouding the air.  These characteristics don't make for great hiking.  So when the weather is nice here, Serge and I really try to take advantage of the scenery and put on our hiking boots!  Here are some pictures we took when we went exploring the Wetzlar hills on Halloween Day.  They are just a tad different from pics we've taken on Oct 31st in years past, but when in Rome...
Enjoying that fresh air!
Serge's turn!
The yellow trees are my favorite!  They remind me of our wedding!
Playing in the leaves
"Wiiiide Open Spaces!"


Sergio, taking in the view... and bringing back the sweatshirt-tied-around-the-waist look!


Nice view of the town.  This one reminds me of when I was little and the sun was too bright for my eyes, so my mom would count to 3 so I would know when to open them!  I guess Serge isn't as good of a photographer :-)


We found an old look-out post.


Pretty view!


Hey there!

And afterwards we re-carbed with some ice cream sundaes! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment