Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Random Pictures From Our Early Adventures

Guten Tag!  Serge bought a temporary internet stick for the meantime while we wait for our wireless to get installed.  Today is our 2 week anniversary of moving to Germany (it seems like we've been here much longer though - is that a good thing??), so I wanted to share some of the pictures we have taken over the past 2 weeks. Enjoy!!
Here is Serge in my parents' kitchen setting up our Slingbox before we left. The Slingbox allows us to watch my parents' TV in the US on our computers here in Germany.  It's very, very cool and we just bought a projector, so we get to watch the Gamecocks play every Saturday on a 60-inch screen!  P.S. We're 6 hours ahead of y'all, so a 7pm game starts at 1am here... The sleep deprivation is totally worth it though... when we win! :-)

This is me in the Charlotte airport, enjoying my last TCBY white chocolate mousse with sprinkles, which just happens to be my all-time favorite food!

This was at a jazz concert that Serge and I went to with our friend Werner at a pub here in Wetzlar.  The music was great!
Here's Serge in our hotel room watching the Vandy game on our new projector and speakers.  Pardon the mess!!  And I know it looks like he's watching a soap opera or something, but it was that Keith Stone commercial. :-)
One thing I love about living in Europe is all the funny little cars!!  It's so simple, but yet it gets me every time!  This is one of my favorites: a sweet little Ford number that looks like it has cankles :-)
 Woo hoo!  We have a mailbox!!  It's blurry, but I swear it says Reinert!
Here's Serge in the square outside our apartment when we were waiting on our landlord to bring us our keys.  What's that in his hand you ask?  Toilet paper, of course!
Look what I found when we were lamp shopping!  Carolina is in my mind and in our hardware store!!
Enjoying our first glass of wine in our new place!

And our little picnic on the floor before our furniture was delivered!
Walking to the train station eating a chocolate croissant.  Serge said I looked very European :-)
And here I am waiting on the train in Giessen.
Doing some laundry at the laundromat since our washing machine room is still under construction.  This was my first and hopefully last experience in a laundromat!
This was at the castle, Burg Gleiberg in Wettenberg, where Serge and I had dinner with one of his colleagues.  It was awesome!
After dinner we toured the castle and took a bunch of pictures, but they didn't turn out very well because it was so dark :-/
I think I need a new camera!  It was really beautiful, and this just doesn't do it justice.
But I think Serge and I still look pretty cute :-)
Watching a beautiful Wetzlar sunset from our apartment!
Serge, enjoying the sunset also.  It sure will be nice once our balcony is finished!
This was at dinner with our Wetzlar friends Stephanie and Werner, and a fellow ex-pat couple Alyssa and Tibor.
They had a banana wheat beer on their menu, so we had to try it.  It was actually very good!
And here is our Saturday set up!  Watching the USC vs Tennessee game!  Gooo gamecocks!!! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment